Some commercial debtors just won’t pay up even when they’ve lost in court. Can you believe it? That makes them something more than a regular deadbeat.
To turn that judgment into money, you need the experienced collection attorneys at The Law Offices of Alan M. Cohen LLC. We will relentlessly, ethically and effectively pursue your deadbeat until either you get paid or no one could get you paid.
You can’t get any further with a collection agency. They can only make dunning phone calls and emails, and you know that’s not going to work. Ordinary attorneys can’t get much further than getting you the judgment. We can and will go much further.
Here are some of the ways we aggressively collect on court judgments:
- Seizing any non-exempt assets through a writ of execution. With this writ, we can get the deputy sheriff to seize and sell the debtor’s non-exempt assets, including personal property. You could get paid with the proceeds.
- Preventing them from hiding the bacon. Rule 65 injunctions prevent debtors from hiding assets.
- Finding out where the assets are. Rule 69 depositions allow us to put the debtor under oath about where their assets are and to follow the money through document discovery.
- Attaching money owed to your debtor through reach and apply injunctions. This injunction ensures the third party pays you, not the deadbeat.
- Placing the company in receivership. This puts a court-appointed receiver in charge of the debtor business so that debts can be paid.
- Holding business owners personally responsible for the debt. In some cases, such as fraud, it is possible to “pierce the corporate veil” that ordinarily keeps business owners from being personally responsible for their business’s debts.
- Garnishing individual debtors’ wages. If your business debtor is an individual, we can advocate strongly in court for this method of collection. As long as your debtor keeps working, you would get paid.
Don’t wait one more minute. That court judgment you have is worth nothing unless we execute on it. Don’t let a persistent deadbeat cost you one more minute of your time.
Call us at 508-763-6604 or reach out using our online form to schedule an appointment. We will immediately evaluate your situation and lay out your options. We have over 50 years’ experience successfully collecting business-to-business debt. We will use every ethical method to try to get you paid.